Re: [Gnumed-devel] automatically inactivate medications beyond prescribe

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] automatically inactivate medications beyond prescribed durations
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2013 09:30:09 +0200

On Sun, Aug 04, 2013 at 02:39:13AM +0000, Vaibhav Banait wrote:

> There should be some mechanisms by which a user can be
> notified that the prescribed short term medications exist in
> a current medications list and need to be reviewed.

There is: they are greyed out when thought to be inactive.
What remains to be established is which way
seemingly-inactive ones (no discontinue date but duration is
over) are to be notified. I think it should be visible in
the column "until / duration".

> If we say highlight it, if one decide to extends the use
> by another say 14 days, he will have write 14+14=28 days to
> remove the highlight. But this can be miss interpreted as 28
> days from current date.

There is a start date, so no need for misinterpretation.

> On the other hand, if it is say faded and made inactive,
> they can be re activated if the need arise or someone is
> found to be using them as jim suggested.

I think this purpose is served by displaying that the
intended duration is over.

> Another safe option will be to fade all the drugs making
> them non printable whenever a new encounter is created,
> thereby enforcing user to click and activate medications
> which need to be continued. a simple right click and
> activate option would suffice.

I don't think this makes sense for a "Current Medication
List".

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de