Re: [Gnumed-devel] Medication lists

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Medication lists
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 23:44:03 +0000

On 2013-07-13, at 1:11 AM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 04, 2013 at 10:22:12PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:
>
>> The main thing that I would like us to figure out earlier,
>> rather than later, is how to be able to keep in view a
>> record of what a patient was *previously* taking. Currently,
>> we have a mixture with part of the information disappearing
>> into the audit tables and inaccessible except by going
>> outside of GNUmed using the gm-dbo credential.
>
> Strictly speaking, the audit trail IS accessible from within
> the GNUmed client (which is, I maintain, is what you mean).
> However, it is not at all practical.

I cannot remember whether I am on record as having explicitly rejected what
was, in the above reply, maintained.

If GNUmed is to value coherence, and consistency (over, say, arbitrary design)
then we should next refactor the measurements schema, so as to allow within
only one value per test, with all prior values having to be deleted and moved
to the audit table.

Reviewing a patient's values for

        weight
        blood pressure
        serum creatinine
        Hb A1C

should then require to compare their 'current' (single) value to those
historical values which would exist only in the medication 'audit' tables.

-- Jim