[Gnumed-devel] Querying who are the logged-into-GNUmed users?

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Querying who are the logged-into-GNUmed users?
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 18:39:11 +0000

I noticed, after I had logged into GNUmed using debug = 'on',  when I then did
in psql

        SELECT usesysid, usename FROM pg_stat_activity;

(which BTW can also be run within the GNUmed "Reports" plugin) I got back

        16403 | gm-dbo
        81511 | jabu
        81511 | jabu

however even after I quit the client and re-launched GNUmed *not* in debug
mode, I still got the same result. What is accounting for the second instance?
Is it to do with logging, or with multiple threads (a read and a write),
per-user?

-- Jim