[Gnumed-devel] Placeholder clarifications - nesting placeholders

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Placeholder clarifications - nesting placeholders
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 20:33:30 +0000

If I expect to input, into the prompt-for-free-text placeholder, characters
that may include percentages (as with response rates or prognosis), can this
input somehow be passed up through, and processed by, an enclosing placeholder
like

        $<tex_escape::::>$

and how should such an internally-nested placeholder be constructed.

Also -- while the above remains of interest as a clarification of what is
currently possible in GNUmed -- is the prompt-for-free-text placeholder already
intended to escape such special characters? Or maybe the code which processes
the placeholder is unaware of the inventory of characters that would need to be
escaped?

… I confess I also forget what difference the checkbox within the prompt dialog
is supposed to make, but if reminded I can add it to my list of things to
better document ...

-- JIm