Re: [Gnumed-devel] Placeholder clarifications - nesting placeholders

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Placeholder clarifications - nesting placeholders
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 04:18:01 +0000

On 2013-08-15, at 1:52 PM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Or maybe the code which processes the placeholder is
>> unaware of the inventory of characters that would need to
>> be escaped?
>
> It is (unaware of them) but it will still do so.

Well <grin>, I did not mean *consciously* … am I then to assume that

(1) python ships with, and relies on, a module that pre-defines those
characters which latex requires to be escaped, or

(2) did someone like maybe yourself assemble a string somewhere in the code
that the procedure references?

-- Jim