Re: [Gnumed-devel] jl-gui - access to log tables

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] jl-gui - access to log tables
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 22:02:18 +0000

On 2013-08-21, at 1:47 PM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> Can you explain the need for:
>>>
>>> GRANT SELECT ON TABLE audit.log_health_issue TO "gm-doctors";
>>> GRANT SELECT ON TABLE audit.log_episode TO "gm-doctors";
>>> GRANT SELECT ON TABLE audit.log_encounter TO "gm-doctors";
>>> GRANT SELECT ON TABLE audit.log_clin_narrative TO "gm-doctors";
>>
>> I frequently save narratives, then in couple of minutes (eg. after
>> re-examining the patient) go back to it to correct/amend it. It is not
>> necessary nor convenient to have lots of entries like "correction: arm
>> abduction is 90 degrees not 60" when the child shows better on second
>> look, or I just need to rephrase something. That is one of the features
>> of my EncounterEdit plugin - it allows to *change* the saved narrative
>> (I'm not sure if another plugin has this capability now, is certainly
>> was missing couple of years ago when I created my plugin.).
>> Of course all changes are audited. And of course I want to know the
>> history of these changes, if it exists. For example to check if it was
>> really me who entered the data, or one of my colleagues. So I need
>> access to audit tables.
>> I also created a possibility to see the history in my EMRMutiView
>> plugin. As the audit data are not for everyday use, the presentation is
>> very raw and ugly :) just to see the data without launching DB browser.
>
> I understand. I added the above grants.

NIce.

Is this to say that the grants will form part of the v19 database specification?

Will this enable gm-doctors to browse the audit log without having to input the
gm-dbo password?

Will this allow gm-doctors to run queries on these tables in the Report
Generator?

Shall a grant be added on

        audit.log_consumed_substance ?

Does this pave the way for some easier way to view audit information using a
button or contextual menu within the respective plugins?

-- JIm