Re: [Gnumed-devel] jl-gui - access to log tables

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] jl-gui - access to log tables
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 14:07:07 +0000

On 2013-08-22, at 1:55 AM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Shall a grant be added on
>>
>>      audit.log_consumed_substance ?
>
> OK, I can see how this relates to your ongoing work on
> medications improvement. Done.

The part that continues to trouble me greatly, as already stated, is the
requirement to input a date started for medications when I do not know them and
therefore anything that I would input is wrong.

This bothers me to the point that I cannot use medication management and if
there is no clear commitment that any solution will be implemented (given that
it is not clear to me that any of my arguments have been defective) then I am
less sure I am going to be able to use GNUmed. If I am not confident I will
ever be able to properly use GNUmed then continuing to work on it is going to
be in question.

Currently, I am not required to use an EMR. Soon, I will probably be forced to.
If there is any way that I would be able to swing a situation where myself (or
a group of which I am a part ) may be able to use GNUmed, that would be my
preference. I think it would be good for the GNUmed project, too.

However, unless we can get over a few humps in the next 12-24 months, chances
are high that I am going to be forced to use something whose dysfunction is
going to cause me to have to redirect energy that I could have devoted to
GNUmed to something else that I was forced to use.

If I could manage the time, I would still see if I could contribute to GNUmed
on a hobby basis, but there ill be less passion for if if I do not
realistically think I will be able to use it in practice.

-- JIm