Re: [Gnumed-devel] jl-gui et alii - v_emr_tree

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] jl-gui et alii - v_emr_tree
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 12:52:44 +0200

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 05:19:44AM +0200, Jerzy Luszawski wrote:

> > Regarding .modified_by and .provider:
> >
> > a) do you truly need both ?
> Yes. See below.
> > b) what you call .provider is, by convention, called .modified_by
> NO!

OK, I should have been precise: within the context of views
in the GNUmed schema clin. the convention is to make the
field .modified_by show either the dem.staff short name or
else the database account associated with the commit.

One might like to add that, yes, clin.v_(pat)_narrative
fails to adhere to this convention which is now fixed.

Since you re-inforce that you want both I also added
.modified_by_raw.

> > c) .provider is not accurate - people will think this is
> >    the provider having taken part in the encounter. It isn't.
> In which situation it isn't?

Every time my nurse enters notes for me.

> If someone modifies the clinical data
> he/she must be treated as provider.
> BTW - people will see the description of the field in a plugin, not the
> field name in db schema.

While true that does not mean the database field name should
not convey a truthful meaning.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de