Re: [Gnumed-devel] issue installing on Mac OSX 10.8

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] issue installing on Mac OSX 10.8
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 11:53:19 +0200

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 04:38:01PM +0700, Tom Hallam wrote:

> I wanted to try out your program. I downloaded it and installed in my
> Applications as the instructions state.
> However when I try to run it - it opens up for a moment and then closes
> down again. I think it is getting an error on start up and exiting. It does
> not provide an error message.
>
> Do you know of any fix? I didn't see any information about this in the FAQ.

This is probably due to the fact that we've only got VERY
old Mac packages. Since we don't have Macs available we
can't easily test and package.

The recommended way to run on Mac OSX is to use a tarball.

There's at least one Mac user on the mailing who may be able
to give better advice.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de