Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gnumed-devel Digest, Vol 131, Issue 5

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gnumed-devel Digest, Vol 131, Issue 5
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 21:40:27 +0200

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 06:22:42PM +0000, address@hidden wrote:

> As an aside, a question I've been wanting to ask on this
> mailing list is why latex was chosen over an xml dialect
> as the preferred language for templating and inputting
> patient data.

As for inputting patient data I'm not sure what you
mean -- LaTeX is not used for any of that. What part
of GNUmed are you referring to ?

As for templating there's several parts to the answer:

1) There's a variety of formats you can choose from,
   not only LaTeX, including two varieties of XML.

2) (Xe)LaTeX delivers documents superior to ANY
   of the other formats.

3) XML isn't any more doctor friendly than LaTeX.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de