Re: [Gnumed-devel] 'Add' of a new encounter - failure to update pop-up a

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] 'Add' of a new encounter - failure to update pop-up and also how to undo?
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 11:53:13 +0200

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 11:01:22PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> Anyhow, after clicking the wrong button ('Add'),
> what I observed was despite that I knew right away
> it was a mistake -- and so clicked the Cancel button -- it
> was too late.

An encounter being created is a legacy which ought
to be fixed eventually.

> The encounter which I had been intending to edit
> had already been ended

There is no explicit functionality to end an
encounter hence the existing encounter can not
"have already been ended".

> Except the newest encounter does not appear in the upper
> right pop-up list.

It does not *immediately* appear in the encounters
list from which the "Add" had been invoked. That's
due to the edit area having been "Cancel"ed (despite
the encounter having been created beforehand for other
reasons). Re-invoking the encounters list (button [L]
or via EMR -> edit/add -> encounters) does show the
new unwanted encounter.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de