Re: [Gnumed-devel] Spain - LOPD

From: Rogerio Luz Coelho
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Spain - LOPD
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 16:07:12 -0200

Seems in Brasil we have somethig like this ... but it is not generally enforced, as most thigs here aren´t

R.

2013/9/29 Sebastian Hilbert <address@hidden>

Am Sonntag, 29. September 2013, 00:06:31 schrieb Busser, Jim:

> On 2013-09-28, at 1:47 PM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> > On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 08:54:17PM +0200, Hilbert, Sebastian wrote:

> >> I received some feedback from a GNUmed user on the issue of

> >> some Spanish data protection law ( LOPD ?).

> >> Does anyone here have any experience how this could possibly

> >> relate to the usability of GNUmed in Spain ?

> > What are the exact concerns ?

> I agree that the question was rather vague and sweeping …

I don't know details. He said tt lhat he cannot use GNUmed because of that law.

I have read some info on the law and it seems you need to get some sort of certification. That means if you obtain a piece of paper indication your system does what the law requires you are good to go.

Have not looked into the process of actually bringing GNUmed into compliance with that law.

So if anyone from Spain reads this they should be able to give us the information needed.

Sebastian