Re: [Gnumed-devel] Problem importing psycopg2 on Mac OS 10.6

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Problem importing psycopg2 on Mac OS 10.6
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 09:04:35 +0100

Am Montag, 4. November 2013, 02:57:21 schrieb Busser, Jim:
> I am trying Sebastian's most recent offlist instructions trying to get
> GNUmed to run natively on Mac.
>
> I am trying on a backup machine (Mac OS 10.6), before trying it on my
> production machine.
>
> I got to the part where Sebastian had advised (but with corresponding
> Canadian locales)
>
> python
>
> import psycopg2
>
> export LANG=“en_CA.UTF-8"
> export LC_COLLATE=“en_CA.UTF-8"
> export LC_CTYPE=“en_CA.UTF-8"
> export LC_MESSAGES=“en_CA.UTF-8"
> export LC_MONETARY=“en_CA.UTF-8"
> export LC_NUMERIC=“en_CA.UTF-8"
> export LC_TIME=“en_CA.UTF-8"
> export LC_ALL=
>
> And in spite of adding a third symlink as seemed required (and seeming to
> have to do so directly as root instead of sudo)
>
> sudo ln -s /Library/PostgreSQL/9.1/lib/libssl.1.0.0.dylib /usr/lib
> sudo ln -s /Library/PostgreSQL/9.1/lib/libcrypto.1.0.0.dylib /usr/lib
> sudo ln -s /Library/PostgreSQL/9.1/lib/libpq.5.dylib /usr/lib
>
> I get a version problem with libssl, see below,
>
> It is worth remarking that as a result of the above symlink, the command
>
> ls /usr/lib/libssl* yields
>
> libssl.0.9.dylib
> libssl.0.9.7.dylib
> libssl.0.9.8.dylib
> libssl.1.0.0.dylib
> libssl.dylib
>
> … I am not sure what I should do, especially if something on that machine
> should still need 0.9.x.

Will loook into this. I advise you to not use pip , easyinstall or macports
for anything GNUmed related. It might work but I do not fully understand the
consequences. There will be no way for me to debug any problems that result
from mixing libraries ans happens automatically when using pip, default libs
and other methods.

It is not the fault of PIP and friends.

More in a seperate mail.

Sebastian