[Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 1.4 on Mac OS 10.6 - natively !

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 1.4 on Mac OS 10.6 - natively !
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 15:58:51 +0000

Here is a screenshot of what is now possible with just a bit of work, using wx 2.9.5.

I have yet to be able to bootstrap v19 of the database.

What is shown (screen shot) came from a connection to the public db.

Running GNUmed natively solves at least one problem which I had been having under X11, which is where child windows which were (I think) intended to be modal, for example

Main patient window

> List encounters

> Edit active

would under X11 allow other windows to be brought to the foreground, and risk to give the impression of GNUmed becoming "unreponsive". I am not aware of this having been a problem for people using wx 2.8 on Linux.

On Mac OS, running GNUmed natively instead of X11 properly prevents to bring any other window into the foreground until the child window is closed.

-- Jim