Re: [Gnumed-devel] past medical history as a part of current encounter r

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] past medical history as a part of current encounter report
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 17:24:07 +0100

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 07:25:23AM +0530, Vaibhav Banait wrote:

>  would you please provide example of use of
>  ambiguous keyword in a latex template . I am not sure I understand what
>  you mean by it

When GNUmed replaces a keyword (whether in a SOAP entry field
or within a document template) it will check whether the
suspected keyword matches just one expansion. In that case
it will expand immediately. If the keyword matches
several expansions, GNUmed will show a list to pick from.

Thus, if you want to force GNUmed to show a list you will
have to use a keyword which does not fully match the
expansion.

A simple example would be this:

expansion 1

        keyword: PHX_data
        text: $<PHX::%s//\n//%Y %b %d::9999>$

expansion 2

        keyword: PHX_dummy
        text: " "  (that is, en empty string)

Now, within the LaTeX template you'll write

        $<text_snippet::PHX//%s:99999999>$

This will make GNUmed check for an expansion
based on "PHX". Since it does not find just
one but two (PHX_data and PHX_dummy) it will
let you select from a list of those two. If
you select PHX_data you'll end up with the
proper PHX placeholder in the template (which gets
replaced in the second/next pass over the template).
If you select PHX_dummy you'll end up with an
empty string  :-)

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de