Re: [Gnumed-devel] Solved: Upgrade Postgresql for GNUmed on Windows

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Solved: Upgrade Postgresql for GNUmed on Windows
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 03:01:18 +0000

On 2013-11-18, at 3:29 PM, Sebastian Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> 8.) type: pg_dump -p 5432 -Fc -f gnumedv18.backup gnumed_v18
>
> 9.) type: pg_dumpall --globals-only > globals.sql

I think the above needs to be

        pg_dumpall -p 5432 --globals-only > globals.sql

> 10.) type in the first command shell : net stop psotgresql-8.4

        net stop postgresql-8.4

I successfully adapted all of Sebastian's instructions for the Mac.

This involved having to switch back and forth between root shell, and a regular
user shell, and therefore also using the

        -U postgres

switch. But I was successful.

-- Jim