Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurement conversion concepts

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurement conversion concepts
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 14:32:13 +0000

On 2013-12-02, at 1:22 AM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 02, 2013 at 06:46:31AM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:
>
>> (2) less straight forward is the case of something like
>>
>>      umol/L <--> mg/dL
>
>> but in the case where the substrate *does* matter, how to provide for that?
>
> The test would need to have that linked to it.

I was hoping that we could provide (share within the GNUmed community)
conversions in such a way as to not have to require each praxis to manually
link each of their test_types to various conversion rows.

It is the reason why (in one of my subsequent posts) I wondered about the
possibility of using something more general than a LOINC, like an analyte.
Ideally we would have something like the equivalent of a drug INN for test
substrates (analytes).

-- Jim