[Gnumed-devel] Configuration, and context, for coding systems

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Configuration, and context, for coding systems
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 17:01:10 +0000

So far, I have not been using coding systems but I am getting closer to
exploring them.

One of the thing I have been wondering is how, in the case where GNUmed is
loaded with more than one system, to control or configure their usage. For
example, my GNUmed has LOINC codes which are useful to describe lab tests,
however these same LOINC codes are offered if I would be trying to code
patient's problems in their problem list.

I imagine it should be possible for me to load ICD9 into GNUmed but what I am
wondering is what would happen …. would phrasewheel lists simply show me
matches across ICD9 and LOINC?

-- Jim