Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 1.4.7 Maintenance Release

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 1.4.7 Maintenance Release
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 17:00:57 +0100

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 02:14:44PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> Great work on yet another maintenance release. A question, though, in
> relation to such fixes as above (where they occur).
>
> Can my conflicting memories be set straight as to whether -- in the case that
> fixups had not been applied before a later upgrade -- whether the upgrade
> script
>
> 1)  will detect whether one or more fixes had not yet been applied
>
> and, in such a case
>
> 2a) will apply the as yet unapplied fixup scripts, automatically, or
> 2b) requires the user or local IT support to apply the fixup scripts before
> trying again

Within one major version all fixes will always be applied
again unequivocally with each release. They are idempotent.

Upon upgrade from one major version to the next all fixes
to the previous version will be applied to the previous
version, again, before actually upgrading.

Or so is the idea.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de