Re: [Gnumed-devel] Medication list and column sorting

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Medication list and column sorting
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 11:54:09 +0100

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 12:49:53AM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> Is the inability to sort columns by clicking a function of the type of
> objects used in the medication plugin?

Indeed. AFAICT the grid does not - out of the box -
support column sorting (just like the list control).

> Is refactoring the medication plugin more significantly, so
> as to be able to review a history without having to go
> into the audit tables, anything of interest to be discussing?

I have been thinking about how to best manage changing
to a history but haven't been able to find a suitable
solution.

One of the main stumbling points is how to best
transition dosing changes of a medication a patient
stays on. I'v been thinking the actual dosage
should be decoupled from the substance and re-coupled
with the regimen, perhaps.

That would also allow for a cleaner (despite complicated
because of its daily change) history of VKA such as to
facilitate dosage calculation.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de