Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed HL7 import

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed HL7 import
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 23:50:09 +0000

On 2014-08-15, at 2:22 PM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 03:04:01AM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:
>
>> But one of my limitations to be throwing HL7 at it (even
>> just locally) is that my data broker will not provide
>> anything more than a few tests cases until the requesting
>> clinicians can provide screenshots of the test data which
>> they had supplied, imported within the EMR.
>
> I have now been able to successfully import all of the
> HL7 test data you've been able to provide.
>
> (Mind you, I haven't bothered to create all patients but
> associated the data with Kirk.)
>
> Karsten

Woo hoo!

For any imported results that shall be unable to be associated with an existing
patient, what will be a suitable (manageable) way to address these?

Imagining, as I am, that any plan should begin with what is simple and then, as
time and resources permit, to "work this" into a more evolved form?

For example the basics might supply the user with a window that opens to
display the columns listed on this wiki page

http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/LabImporters#Import_messages_and_setup_for_both_auto_45_and_manual_matching

in which the following, if null or blank, would be able to be populated or
edited by the user:

        .fk_identity_disambiguated
        .fk_provider_disambiguated

minding that if the patient did not yet exist, they would first have to be
created.

A "smarter" interface could

1) show those records for whom a partial match was found, and could allow to
make a selection to confirm which one among one (or more) matches was
acceptable to me treated as a user-approved match, and

2) make it possible to create a new patient by using information
already-provided within the HL7 record

        - name
        - dob
        - gender