Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed HL7 import

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed HL7 import
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 11:41:43 +0200

On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 11:50:09PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> For any imported results that shall be unable to be
> associated with an existing patient, what will be a suitable
> (manageable) way to address these?
>
> Imagining, as I am, that any plan should begin with what is
> simple and then, as time and resources permit, to "work this"
> into a more evolved form?

That is the plan, indeed.

For "now" (perhaps even 1.5) the user sees patient
identifying information (currently firstname, lastname,
middlename, DOB, gender) in the clin.incoming listing working
from which she must activate-or-create the corresponding
patient. Once the patient exists the data can be properly
imported into the chart.

If the displayed identifying information isn't sufficient the
full HL7 data can be displayed in a formatted way in order to
see all the details available.

> 2) make it possible to create a new patient by using information
> already-provided within the HL7 record
>
>       - name
>       - dob
>       - gender

This isn't at all hard to do -- which fields would you
describe as the minimum matching criteria ?

I can both a) make HL7 an "external patient source" (just
like German chipcards, CA MSVA, XDT, ...) and b) implement
explicit patient creation at import time.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de