Re: [Gnumed-devel] Say hello

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Say hello
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 14:22:40 +0100

> my name ist Daniel 31 years old and comes from Germany - Stuttgart. I'm a
> Student at the University (Hochschule für Technik) and learning Bachelor of
> Science (Informatics).

Welcome !

> Since my talk with releasedude i want to help the Project as a developer. At
> my work, i learn python and my Boss is a Python Guru. So i have a good
> source if i have questions. :-)

We'd be really happy to have you on board. Codewise external
sources say we are fairly well organized. Algorithmically,
GNUmed code isn't challenging at all (hardly any math
required). There's a few medical concepts needed that may
seem a bit difficult at first but can easily be explained.

If you want a well-defined project which seems well within
the capabilities of a Bachelor of Science I would suggest
considering implementing import of lab results using the
German data format LDT.

If you are interested -- talk to us (the main dev speaks
German, too), we'd be happy to explain what you need/want to
know.

> Mein Englisch ist leider schlecht - aber ich hoff einfach mal, dass wenn ich
> hier öfters schreibe es besser wird. *g*

Grüßle ins Ländle,