[Gnumed-devel] Tiny enhancement request - copy selected demographic id t

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Tiny enhancement request - copy selected demographic id type 'value'
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 19:51:38 +0000

I find that I often need to copy a patient's medicare or hospital record number from GNUmed to the clipboard, in order to use it in a search of an external system.

Currently, what I do in an active patient (demographic tab) is the following:

select the line of interest
click Edit
tab into the id number field
press Control ^ A to select all
press Control ^ C (copy)
click cancel

While this works for me, it requires several steps, and worries me that despite that I am careful, even I (and more easily a front desk staff new to GNUmed) could accidentally backspace over a selected value and in a panic click OK rather than cancel.

So what I would love is the insertion of a button labelled

Copy value

which would copy, to the clipboard, the value of whichever of the ID type rows that is selected. See screenshot.

If no row is selected, it might be helpful for the interface to beep and to show a status message at bottom left "no ID type selected".

-- Jim