Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed HL7 import - patient association or creation

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed HL7 import - patient association or creation
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 23:50:38 +0000

On 2015-01-21, at 3:18 PM, Jim Busser <address@hidden> wrote:

The next manual step, where I had selected the Kirk row, and then clicked the Import button, is shown in the next screen shot

Success importing Kirk's result.

But a problem with the GUI, at least X11 on the Mac … the client GUI provides me no way to scroll down to see more of the results.

Aside from this, what can be nicely seen are the following:

1) When I click "Measurements", we can see the column which pertains to the (now quite old, Dec 02 2009) which includes component tests from

Heme panel
Urinalysis
Blood culture
various electrolytes

and with the lab-designated abnormals (A) nicely auto-shaded light teal.

2) the Inbox is auto-updated with two virtual rows (one to indicate that Kirk has abnormals and another to indicate that he has normal results)

3) the Overview plugin, when raised, nicely

shows the abnormal results (red)
shows the normal results (black)
displays that all of the above need signing

and

shows (arrow) that this same HL7 data has been imported as a document.

But my workflow concern about this auto-archived document is the need for yet another thing to be signed, when the fact that it was able to be added at all must mean that there exists one or more results that were imported, and methinks it exclusively these results (and not the auto-archived document) that needs signing.

Anything we can do about this?

Also, coming back to my inability to scroll, do we know whether the Debian client supports to properly scroll these same measurements that I have just imported?

-- Jim