Re: [Gnumed-devel] provider inbox

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] provider inbox
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 03:51:51 +0000

On 2015-01-21, at 6:05 AM, Jim Busser <address@hidden> wrote:

> 1. a more usual (and clearer) sequence among these radio buttons would be
>
>       All      Overdue        Due*    Scheduled      Unscheduled

> Except I do think that the above proposal would be helpful and would make
> things a lot clearer for users (myself included)

A couple of additional, related thoughts:

1) Keeping the word "Due" achieves coherence with its name-alike in the edit
area which, when filled in, is a property of the item, and

2) If we reconsider that

        All includes Scheduled, and

        Scheduled includes
                Overdue
                Due (which implies today)
                Future (which we did not yet discuss)

then if we would provide

        All
        Overdue
        Due
        Future
        Unscheduled

then maybe we can drop 'Scheduled' since this is functionally achievable via
"All", sorted on date due, and simply ignoring the unscheduled items which by
virtue of the Sort will (presumably) end up at the bottom of the list?

-- Jim