Re: [Gnumed-devel] new placeholder(s)

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] new placeholder(s)
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 13:37:02 +0000

On 2015-01-26, at 3:40 AM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 07:13:55AM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:
>
>>> The new placeholders
>>>
>>>     u'gen_adr_street': u"args: %s-style formatting template, cached",
>>>     u'gen_adr_number': u"args: %s-style formatting template, cached",
>>>     u'gen_adr_subunit': u"args: %s-style formatting template, cached",
>>>     u'gen_adr_location': u"args: %s-style formatting template, cached",
>>>     u'gen_adr_suburb': u"args: %s-style formatting template, cached",
>>>     u'gen_adr_postcode': u"args: %s-style formatting template, cached",
>>>     u'gen_adr_region': u"args: %s-style formatting template, cached",
>>>     u'gen_adr_country': u"args: %s-style formatting template, cached",
>>>
>>> allow for generic ("gen") selection of an
>>> arbitrary address which in turn allows for
>>> sending addressed letters to third parties
>>> about a patient, such as consultation reports
>>> and referral letters.
>>
>> Does 'allow for selection" mean "prompts" or how is the selection to be
>> achieved and communicated to the engine?
>
> Have you tried ?

The question was an invitation to offer more than "yes/ no", because a little
more direction than "try" can help to avoid one's blind experimentation in
putting together a document template.

However as the onus was perhaps more on me to have supplied more than a binary
question, here goes …

… I assume that any set of one or more gen_adr_… placeholders will prompt for
only a single instance of "which address to use" however in the case where one
would wish to send communication

        To: Clinician A
        Cc:     Clinician B, Clinician C

can one do this by way of 3 instances of the placeholder, and must some kind of
delimitation between each instance be provided within the document template?

On a related note, is any storage of receiver_ addresses done somewhere other
than with the addresses that are prompted-for by gen_ ?

-- Jim