Re: [Gnumed-devel] Tweaks to placeholder soap_for_encounters

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Tweaks to placeholder soap_for_encounters
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 16:40:29 +0000

On 2015-01-26, at 12:50 AM, Jim Busser <address@hidden> wrote:

(self-replying, after I had the opportunity to inspect the generated .tex file in question)

1) Is it intended, or simply the way t ended up, that beneath each encounter label (e.g. encounter type, followed by the date and time), which is itself underlined, the RFE is also underlined, and can it be managed in future that the RFE is no longer underlined?

The above is explained by those encounters (specifically, chart reviews) where the RFE, which was fed from the waitlist, got recorded as the only soap row for the chart review.

2) can each Problem: (after the first) begin on a new line?

The associated .tex file content is pasted below and it seems

\tabularnewline

may not be handled as intended … (?)

    \multicolumn{2}{l}{review chart: 2014-Dec-04 ({\footnotesize 17:16 - 17:16})} \tabularnewline
    \hline \tabularnewline
    \multicolumn{2}{l}{\emph{Problem: shortness of breath}} \tabularnewline
    {\small S} & Some exertional dyspnea for which Dr foo, her GP, sent her for PFTs, now a lung CT pending, and an echo in January. \tabularnewline
     & \tabularnewline
    \multicolumn{2}{l}{\emph{Problem: hold dosage level, pending course of flare}} \tabularnewline
    \multicolumn{2}{l}{\emph{Health issue: PMR}} \tabularnewline
    {\small S} & Doing well except for her back, which is ok when sedentary, still acts up during exercise, but she made ti through a fitness class. Still taking mtx 2.5 and pred 14 daily. \tabularnewline
    {\small O} & CRP 8, liver enzymes normal (Nov 28). \tabularnewline
    {\small A} & Doing well. Not clear whether MTX would at this point be conferring benefit, but she would like to again try prednisone taper. \tabularnewline
    {\small P} & Reduce pred to 13 mg daily, continue MTX 2,5mg daily, recheck CRP and liver tests Dec 15 or 16. \tabularnewline
     & \tabularnewline
    RFE & fu liver enz, CRP Nov 28 on MTX 2.5, pred 14 daily \tabularnewline
    \hline \tabularnewline
     & \tabularnewline

If this is only not working for me, any suggested things to try appreciated. But if it is not working maybe we need the special column specifier 'X' supported by tabularx which, as with column type p{width}, will then support

\newline (new line within a cell, rather than \tabularnewline which is a new row within the table)

http://tex.stackexchange.com/a/45069
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/LaTeX/Tables#The_tabularx_package

however I don't know if using X would allow row-to-row variation in columns (i.e. \multicolumn)

??

-- Jim