[Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 1.5.0 Feature Release --> inbox selector / results

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 1.5.0 Feature Release --> inbox selector / results clarifications
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 20:17:05 +0000

was: Re: [Gnumed-bugs] [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 1.5.0 Feature Release - inbox
shows *old* unsigned documents

On 2015-01-21, at 2:01 PM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 10:37:49PM +0100, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
>
>>> 3) with "Relevant" selected, clicking "Only: [   ] Active patient" makes no
>>> difference
>>
>> Hm, I have to check that.
>
> I can't really see anything odd in the code. We'll have to
> look at the SQL being logged.

In case this helps …

Inbox, with none among the checkboxes "Active patient" or "Yours" selected,
shows

        Relevant: 4
        All: 2
        Overdue: 2
        Scheduled: 2
        Unscheduled: 0
        Expired: 0

yet there are 8 in the actual dem.message_inbox table (see below) which made me
wonder whether the GUI label "All" is meant to mean

        Messages directed to all users

and not

        All inbox messages

in which case the label should be

        To all

and making me wonder … when an inbox message is chosen to be sent to "All", is
the result a 'cloning' of the message, one per staff?

Separately I think there does exist a use case worth supporting, to be able to
see at least a listing of another user's messages.

For example if a staff who lacks remote access to GNUmed phones in, and asks if
there are any messages for them, it would be reasonable for a staff who is not
the intended recipient to be able to see this out-of-praxis user's message
listing. Even, probably, the Message comment which shows in the column view
(but not the message detail).

My reason for suspecting the latter would be acceptable is because any message
which came in from the outside would have been taken by a reception staff, who
through common sense or training would differentiate the message comment from
the detail e.g.

        Call your home ASAP
        There is a problem , at school, with your son

and anyone in the praxis generating a staff-to-staff message could do the same
thing. Or, it could be decided to allow users ability to list (see) other
users' inbox messages to be limited to the clinical category. Or maybe some of
this could be praxis-configurable.

-- Jim

PS if I log in as McCoy, I do see all 8 messages, along with 3 additional
auto-generated messages.

gnumed_v20=> select pk, modified_by, fk_staff, fk_patient,left(comment, 20)
from dem.message_inbox ;
 pk | modified_by | fk_staff | fk_patient |         left
----+-------------+----------+------------+----------------------
  8 | gm-dbo      |        1 |            | Release Notes for GN
 10 | gm-dbo      |        1 |            | Staff member Karsten
  6 | gm-dbo      |        1 |         32 | dictate Chris Sederg
 19 | gm-dbo      |        1 |            | next medical exam fo
 20 | gm-dbo      |        1 |            | Release Notes for GN
 29 | gm-dbo      |        1 |            | Release Notes for GN
 30 | gm-dbo      |        1 |            | Release Notes for GN
 31 | gm-dbo      |        1 |            | Release Notes for GN
(8 rows)

-- end