Re: [Gnumed-devel] Tweak suggestion for Measurements plug-in "All: by Da

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Tweak suggestion for Measurements plug-in "All: by Day" user interaction
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2015 23:55:22 +0100

On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 10:00:44PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> I notice that in the "All: by Day" view, any date at left must be
> double-clicked before the associated content will be displayed.
>
> Would it be hard or easy for this instead to require only a single-click (if
> this would be agreed better)?

Technically it is not hard at all. However, the code run on
double-click is fairly expensive (technically). People will
want to scroll the list of days, too, which would mean the
selection would happen in rapid succession.

I'll test it anyways.

... it doesn't seem all that slow so I'll leave it that way
for now. We can change it back if it does turn out to be
slower than expected (remote server, many tests, ...).