Re: [Gnumed-devel] Problem with stripping performed by the LaTex generat

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Problem with stripping performed by the LaTex generator?
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 22:00:14 +0100

On Fri, Feb 06, 2015 at 08:32:45PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> but the interesting thing is that the errant PDF output affects only about
> half of the six patients against whose records I have run the report.
>
> And what the affected reports have in common is the selection of multiple
>
> soap_for_encounters
>
> such that the output wraps over multiple pages. Interestingly, on a four-page
> report, the failure of line breaks occurs only in the headers of the first
> three pages, whereas the fourth page header is as desired.
>
> I will have to poke around further when I get the chance.
>
> -- JIm
>
> Solved, finally, after leveraging information contained in the pdfTex log …
> it's been suggested that the cause of this problems is
>
>  "pagehead catching longtable version of \\"
>
> see http://tex.stackexchange.com/a/49624 , which I was able to solve by
> instead using \linebreak in the headers.

Excellent. This is, btw, what GNUmed now does to \n contained
in data which is piped as placeholder replacement into a
LaTeX template. Say, if you've got a multiline sOap row which
goes into a table cell GNUmed will replace the \n with
\newline (because \n would not communicate have the desired
effect to LaTeX and \\ would end the table row).