Re: [Gnumed-devel] ImportError

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] ImportError
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2016 13:32:16 +0100

Hi Raoul !

On Thu, Dec 31, 2015 at 02:01:21AM +0100, Raoul Schorer wrote:

> I encountered a problem trying to apply your "How to use Timeline component
> in your wxPython application" script.
>
> I am running Windows 8.1, Python 2.7 (anaconda), wxPython 3.0.
>
> The Timeline application runs perfectly fine from ./source/timeline.py.
> However, when tying your component script (copied in a first_try.py file in
> the same place as timeline.py), it seems python has an import problem.
> Indeed, "import timelinelib" triggers no error, but the line "from
> timelinelib.wxgui.component import TimelineComponent" results in:

You may want to take a look at how the component is used in
the GNUmed EMR:

        https://github.com/ncqgm/gnumed

Note that for the time being we are currently restrained to
TL 1.3 due to incompatibilities in later versions. I haven't
had the time to make later versions work yet.

If you'd like to take a shot and make newer TL components
work in the existing GNUmed code base we'd be happy to apply
your patches. In the process you'll likely learn how to use
the component in niftymednotes (if you can't replace those
with GNUmed :)

Karsten Hilbert