Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 1.6.10 Maintenance Release

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 1.6.10 Maintenance Release
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2016 21:28:18 +0100

On Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 09:06:51PM +0100, slappinjohn wrote:

> I will update the virtualbox-image tomorrow! (Server + Client on Debian
> Jessie)

That would be great.

Maybe we can think about how this image can be made more
maintainable step by step ?

I guess it'd be useful to have a client-only Debian image
which can be run as a production instance on any OS that runs
virtualbox. It would ease the need for a dedicated Windows
client executable.

The difference to the existing VM would be that it needs to
be configured to have access to the host network for
connecting to PostgreSQL running on either

- the host itself
- a virtual machine on the host
- elsewhere

(which is all the same, technically)