[Gnumed-devel] GNUmed project update

From: Jérôme Pinguet
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed project update
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 02:03:42 +0100

Hi!

I was trying to have news about GNUmed but I couldn't find information
anywhere except by searching the mailing list archives (not an easy
task). The website link on your English Wikipedia page is dead.

What's the project status?
Do you still have a space on the web, a wiki perhaps?

Where can I get info about installing GNUmed on Debian Stretch?

Right now I'm just trying to install gnumed-server & gnumed-client. I am
there:

sudo apt-get install gnumed-client
... ...
0 upgraded, 99 newly installed, 0 to remove and 6 not upgraded.
After this operation, 1,694 MB of additional disk space will be used.

That's a bit scary... wish me luck! ;)

In the past, GNUmed offered the possibility to use FreeDIAMS (from the
FreeMedForms project) as a prescription module. Do you have your own DDI
engine now? Would you be interested in renewing this collaboration with
FreeRx [1], a fully GPLv3 compliant fork of FreeDiams that I started in
August 2016? I am in the process of upgrading the prescription plugin to
allow it to use an external French DDI database run by an association of
hospitals (independant from the pharmaceutical industry, social security
and governement, but not open source unfortunately). I will use this
opportunity to revamp and improve the GUI & UX. The idea would be to
write a module that could be easily adapted to any external DDI database
using not only SQL but also a RESTful API, as more and more DDI
databases are queried directly online.

As a long term project, I'm still dreaming of a 100% free and open
source international collaborative DDI database. Such a collaborative
project already exists for Stability and compatibility of (parenteral)
drugs, it's called Stabilis [2]. I would like to build something similar
for DDI, based on a free license. I will have the opportunity to start a
mobile app project for Stabilis, it will be the occasion to learn from
their experience. They have an impressive network of more than 60
contributors from all around the world.[3]

It would be great if we could work together to improve free libre
software for healthcare practitioners! I'm eager to learn from other
projects and other languages. Improving my Python would be great!

Jérôme Pinguet
https://freemedsoft.com

[1]: https://freehealth.io
[2]: http://www.stabilis.org