Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed on Mac

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed on Mac
Date: Sun, 12 May 2019 12:12:58 +0200

Hello Marc,

nice to hear from you, and I appreciate your efforts.

Here's a few pieces of information that might help you on the
best path forward:

GNUmed has not been tested and debugged on Mac for about two years.

About two years ago our only Mac user/test had to withdraw.

Starting with v1.8 mx-date-time won't be required anymore.

The problem you see is with the latest release 2.8 of
psycopg2 which dropped the connection pool GNUmed uses. Since
that version is not available on Debian yet I have not
adjusted that code so far. The upcoming Debian Stable will
have psycopg2 2.7 which works fine. If you want to try that
on Mac a lot more of GNUmed will work.

All things considered I would suggest people run a Debian VM
on their Macintosh's.

Hope that helps and feel free to come back with further
questions.

Karsten

PS: Have you been able to gather more of the data points we
talked about in my last email regarding your stalls during
document inclusion ?
--
GPG  40BE 5B0E C98E 1713 AFA6  5BC0 3BEA AC80 7D4F C89B