Re: Gnumed for Speech Therapists

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: Gnumed for Speech Therapists
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2020 18:45:52 +0200

Hello Jonas,

> my mother is a speech therapist. She is managing her patients currently
> using Thera-Pi, which includes billing to the german public health
> insurances.
>
> Since Thera-Pi only runs under Windows, i installed it on a virtual mashine,
> which in turn causes some annoyances. I want to try GNUmed (currently i
> failed to get it to run under debian arm64, not sure why that is..

If you tell us more about the problem we can find a solution.

The most likely cause ist that your Debian likely has
psycopg2 2.8 which only started to be supported by the
recently released GNUmed 1.8.2.

> Is it feasable for a non technical person like my mother to use GNUmed?

That is the intended purpose.

> Can GNUmed create encrypted bills (via the german trust-center)?

Not currently. Likely it can be made to work together with
Thera-pi so that the need for Thera-pi is decreased rather
than abolished ?

> Is GNUmed suitable for speech therapists?

You need to be more specific.

> Also: I noticed the wiki is not working fully right now. What is the issue
> there?

The old wiki had to be taken down due to outsiders having
undue interest in the server resources.

It is coming back bit by bit.

What parts of the documentation did you want to look at ?

Best,
GPG  40BE 5B0E C98E 1713 AFA6  5BC0 3BEA AC80 7D4F C89B