Re: Problems installing v_22

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: Problems installing v_22
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 08:42:09 +0100

Am Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 11:09:55PM -0300 schrieb Rogerio Luz:
> Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 23:09:55 -0300
> From: Rogerio Luz Coelho Neto <luz.rogerio@gmail.com>
> To: GNUmed list <gnumed-devel@gnu.org>
> Subject: Re: Problems installing v_22
>
> I wanted to run a new database from scratch ... what you are saying is that
> I have to bootstrap-latest with python 2.7? CanĀ“t I run it in Python 3?

You can do either or but you'll have to use the appropriate
release :-)

There's the 1.7 branch which works under Python 2, and 1.8
which uses Python 3.

Regarding server packages the waters are slightly murky,
because both 1.7 and 1.8 work against database v22 (so people
can switch py2 to py3 easily).

I would suggest downloading the latest v22 from

        https://www.gnumed.de/downloads/server/v22/

and installing with Python 3.

It seems that Mint catched one of the legacy v22 release
which were intended for Python 2 (the print tells me).

GPG  40BE 5B0E C98E 1713 AFA6  5BC0 3BEA AC80 7D4F C89B