gnump3d-devel

[Gnump3d-devel] Rencoding/Quality Adjustments

From: Jerry Haltom
Subject: [Gnump3d-devel] Rencoding/Quality Adjustments
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 15:28:27 -0600

Gnump3d needs to support reencoding Mp3's at a lower bitrate than their
original files. Same with oggs.

This can be accomplished by streaming through ogg123/oggenc and
mpg123/lame, etc. Yeah this is a bit platform dependent, but it should
be possible.

A lot of my mp3/oggs I want to listen to from elsewhere are at home, and
encoded really high... but I dont have enough upstream to play em. Yeah
I realize you loose quality, but I don't care.

--
Jerry Haltom <address@hidden>
Feedback Plus, Inc.