gnump3d-devel

Re: [Gnump3d-devel] SQLite status

From: Matt Anderson
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-devel] SQLite status
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 16:42:36 -0000

On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 11:05:31AM +0100, Steve Kemp wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 10:22:24PM -0400, Ross Mohn wrote:
> >    Can you give us an update on the new SQLite version of gnump3d?
>
>   Nothing on the horizon for the foreseeable future.  There was some
>  discussion :
>
>     http://gnump3d.chrissearle.net/
>
>   But that has stalled.

This site looks interesting, is it where these sorts of architecture
discussions are taking place?

Using some sort of database backend sounds great to me.  Not that I can
contribute patches right now.  I have been using Amarok as a local
player and it has a really good SQL backend that it uses for library
management.  Has anyone taken a look at that to see if it could be used
here?  Are there other SQL media library programs people are using?
MythTV for example?

>   I will be making a 2.9 final release shortly.  I did hope to do
>  that at the weekend, but I was too busy in the end to manage it.
>
>   That will include the recently posted auth-digest patch and
>  a couple of other cleanups.

Cool, I can't wait to try it.

-matt