Re: [Gnump3d-users] Document Contains No Data

From: Steve Kemp
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] Document Contains No Data
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 11:50:21 +0100

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 06:42:54PM +0800, Mark Burring wrote:

> gnumpd3d installed nicely onto a debian woody system and fires up with
> minimal errors but then attempting to connect to the server results in
> a "Document Contains no data":
>
> melenkurion:~# gnump3d
> Name "main::date" used only once: possible typo at /usr/bin/gnump3d
> line 3244.
> GNUMP3d v2.6 by Steve Kemp
> http://www.gnump3d.org/

  This was an issue with the networking code I think.  If you look
 at the output you include thee following line seems to be the relevent
 one:

> Use of uninitialized value in <HANDLE> at /usr/bin/gnump3d line 536.
> readline() on unopened filehandle at /usr/bin/gnump3d line 536.
> Caught a SIGHUP at /usr/lib/perl/5.6.1/IO/Socket.pm line 177
> Use of uninitialized value in <HANDLE> at /usr/bin/gnump3d line 536.
> readline() on unopened filehandle at /usr/bin/gnump3d line 536.

  Seems to be saying "cant read from network socket".

  This is one of the things which was addressed in the recent
 2.7 release.

  If you could try the 2.7 release I think you should find that the
 problem is fixed - if not I'd certainly be happy to help you get it
 running.

  (I have wondered before if there's any interest in getting a woody
 .deb put together - I'm guessing this means yes?)

Steve
---
# Debian Security Audit Project
http://www.shellcode.org/Audit/