[Gnump3d-users] failure in creating the listening socket

From: Rajarajan Rajamani
Subject: [Gnump3d-users] failure in creating the listening socket
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 00:27:06 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,
I am having the following error when trying to run gnump3d. The
output is as follows

-BEGIN-----------------------------------------
rajarajan# gnump3d --background
Name "main::date" used only once: possible typo at
/usr/local/bin/gnump3d line 3394.
Couldn't create the listening socket for receiving incoming
requests upon

Perhaps the port 8888 is already in use?

This is the error message the system returned:

Can't assign requested address

-END-----------------------------------------

This is the only instance of gnump3d running on my system. I have
changed the port numbers to other different numbers but the problem
still continues. I am running freeBSD5.2.1. Since I did have this
working properly a few days ago I am wondering if this is due to any
change in the libraries/perl modules which might have been upgraded on
the system in the past few days.

The gnump3d developers list did have a similar posting but there was
no information on why this happened.

Thanks,

Rajarajan.