Re: [Gnump3d-users] changing the file extension

From: Mark Schouten
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] changing the file extension
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 00:04:49 +0200

On Tue, 2004-06-15 at 18:54, Steve Kemp wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 12:45:33PM -0400, address@hidden wrote:
> > Hi everybody!
> >
> > At work I cannot view pages that end with an mp3 extension or m3u
> > extension.  Is there an easy way to change the playlist extension?  I
> > tried changing all the m3u's to m3uNOT's in the /lib/gnump3 directory, but
> > this did not work at all.
>
>   I do not understand your question.  `pages` do not end with anything,
>  they are indexes.

He probably means that he cannot open m3u-files through a proxy at his
work, by means of company-policy. He is now looking for ways to fool the
proxy. :)

>   What exactly are you doing?  What do you expect?   What really
>  happens?
>
>   (Have you enabled 'show mp3s', etc, in the preferences page?)

Since he cannot open mp3-files either, that will not help..

A `grep` tell's me the following:

settopbox:~# grep -n m3u /usr/bin/gnump3d
2068:           my $rec  = "<a
href=\"${link}recurse.m3u\">$play_rec</a>";
2506:      $suffix = ".m3u";
2669:        $banner .= " | <a href=\"$dir/recurse.m3u\">$play_rec</a>";

That means (I think) that if you change these 'm3u' into something else,
that tha MIGHT work. But, Steve is tha mastah, so maybe he can confirm.
:)

Mark