[Gnump3d-users] Unable to use the

From: Kirk Coombs
Subject: [Gnump3d-users] Unable to use the
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 12:56:30 -0600

I searched through the archives and saw that my issue has been discussed
before...but I didn't see any resolution.  So, here it is:

I can't use the "Custom Playlist" function of GNUMP3d.  When I create a
playlist and hit 'play', XMMS just open its 'open file' dialog with the last
directory accessed.  I can use any of the "play all" links just fine.

I have done a little investigating, and here is what I HAVE found.  In both
cases, XMMS is just receiving a .m3u file, which makes sense.  If I try to use
the custom playlist function, and choose to save the file to disc with my web
browser instead of sending it to XMMS, then a .m3u file is saved (well, the
data is the same as .m3u.  The actual file name seems to differ depending on
which browser I used), and then if I open that in XMMS it plays just fine.

For example, a "play all" links sends a file like this:

File name: recurse.m3u
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF: ,Shrek Score - Track 01 - Fairytale
http://208.187.181.133:8888/Soundtracks/Shrek%20Score/Shrek%20Score%20-%20Track%2001%20-%20Fairytale.ogg
#EXTINF: ,Shrek Score - Track 27 - Transformation and The End
http://208.187.181.133:8888/Soundtracks/Shrek%20Score/Shrek%20Score%20-%20Track%2027%20-%20Transformation%20and%20The%20End.ogg

A custom playlist file looks like this:

File name: unnamed
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF: ,The Star Wars Trilogy - Track 01 - Main Theme
http://208.187.181.133:8888/Soundtracks/The%20Star%20Wars%20Trilogy/The%20Star%20Wars%20Trilogy%20-%20Track%2001%20-%20Main%20Theme.ogg
#EXTINF: ,The Star Wars Trilogy - Track 13 - Throne Room and Finale
http://208.187.181.133:8888/Soundtracks/The%20Star%20Wars%20Trilogy/The%20Star%20Wars%20Trilogy%20-%20Track%2013%20-%20Throne%20Room%20and%20Finale.ogg
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF: ,The Mask of Zorro - Track 01 - The Plaza of Execution
http://208.187.181.133:8888/Soundtracks/The%20Mask%20of%20Zorro/The%20Mask%20of%20Zorro%20-%20Track%2001%20-%20The%20Plaza%20of%20Execution.ogg
#EXTINF: ,The Mask of Zorro - Track 13 - I Want to Spend My Lifetime Loving You
http://208.187.181.133:8888/Soundtracks/The%20Mask%20of%20Zorro/The%20Mask%20of%20Zorro%20-%20Track%2013%20-%20I%20Want%20to%20Spend%20My%20Lifetime%20Loving%20You.ogg

So, I am at a loss.    Why won't XMMS open the latter file?  I dunno.

I am using GNUMP3d 2.8 & XMMS 1.2.10 on SuSE 9.1

Thanks!
Kirk