Re: [Gnump3d-users] Server crashing

From: manuel 'fmf' ferrero
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] Server crashing
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 09:13:06 +0200

Steve Kemp:

Debian woody with gnump3d-2.8 compiled from source.

I noticed that every day i have to restart the server, because it silently crash.

  What time does it crash?  Do you see anything in the logfile
suggesting a last access?

Don't know when it happens because i cannot see anything in log files: i check syslog and gnump3 logs and there is nothing strange. It seems to quit sometime in the night.
But...

  The main reason I ask is because when I put together the Debian
 package for unstable/sarge I setup a cronjob that would reindex
 and rotate the logfiles.   This could be the cause of your error..

Bingo!
I logrotate gnump3's log files and i copied the configuration file for it from an existent one and it says:

killall -q -HUP gnump3d || true

now i change it in:

/etc/init.d/gnump3d restart > /dev/null

and i'll try it.

What can i do to solve it?

  Work out why it crashes, then fix that ;)

I'll let you know if it works.
But you have to wait tomorrow.
TIA.
--