Re: ADV: [Gnump3d-users] New song indicator?

From: Steve Kemp
Subject: Re: ADV: [Gnump3d-users] New song indicator?
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 13:14:49 +0100

On Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 04:18:28PM -0400, Boris Kurktchiev wrote:
> Is it possible to have some kind of indicator of new stuff? Edna has that
> capability and I figured that gnump3d being based on edna at one point or
> another would have had something like that by now.
> All that we need is to have something like New! in some different color next
> to the root directory/
> Example:
> Iron Madein
> New!  Black Sabbath
> Deep Purple
> New! Rainbow
>
> Would it be easy to implement or would it take some thinking through?

  I have some code for doing this which I will add shortly - just adds
 a configurable piece of text to a directory name if it contains songs
 that are newer than a week.  Doesnt do the same for individual songs
 though.

  I did it by adding a new string

new_song = <font colour="red">New</font>

  Then allowing the directory_format to include $NEW:

  If the directory name hasn't been modified then nothing is inserted.
 If it has been then the relevent text is interpolated.

  Expect to see it by week end, I need to get back up to speed.

Steve