Re: [Gnump3d-users] unable to play playlists

From: Steve Kemp
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] unable to play playlists
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 19:14:48 +0000

On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 02:04:58PM -0500, Yoav Avitzour wrote:

> I added
>               print "$header\n";
>               print "$playlist\n";
>               print "$data\n";
>
> before the sendData calls, and here is the output:

  Looks like a good thing to do.

> HTTP/1.0 200 OK

  Server responds that everything is OK.

> Connection: close

  And that the client should close the connection after reading this
 response.

> Server: 2.9

  Version number of the server.

  Correct mime-type for a playlist.

> Set-Cookie: count=50;path=/; expires=Mon, 10-Mar-08 14:36:42 GMT;

  Cookies .. which I'll ignore.

> Set-Cookie: gallery_sessionadd_photos_mode=applet;path=/; expires=Mon,

  See you've got a gallery instance installed .. that's not a cookie
 from gnump3d ;)

> Set-Cookie: theme=Tabular;path=/; expires=Mon, 10-Mar-08 14:36:42 GMT;
> Connection: close

  Hmm duplicate header - might look at that later, shouldn't cause
 any complaints though.

> #EXTM3U
> #EXTINF: ,01 - Beck - Odelay - Devil's Haircut [ AlternRock - 03:14 /
> 3.7Mb ]
> http://gutman.princeton.edu:8888/Beck/Odelay/Beck_-_Odelay_-_01_-_Devil%
> 27s_Haircut.mp3

  And here we get the playilst.  First of all the 'Extm3u' meaning
 it's an extended playlist.

  Then pairs of lines 'command + url'.

> IO::Socket::INET=GLOB(0x96debd0)

  Yeah $data is a socket - so that's a random string which doesnt mean
 too much to me.

> Does this give any clues?

  That is a completely normal playlist you've sent -I cant see why
 the browser doesnt allow you to save it normally or play it.

  Everything in that output is normal, expected, and as it should be.

  I don't see anything wrong at all - it looks like the data which
 is being sent to the client is correct.  Unless there's something
 strange going on and this isn't being sent.

  Can you print $SERVED_SIZE after the send call to see that it's
 been incremented?

  Where are you testing from?  The same hsot as the server is
 running on, or a different one?

Steve
---