Re: [Gnump3d-users] unable to play playlists

From: Yoav Avitzour
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] unable to play playlists
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 15:47:52 -0500

On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 19:58 +0000, Steve Kemp wrote:

> > With Firefox, I can't do anything. With Epiphany, I can right-click and
> > save the recurse.m3u file, and I can even run xmms recurse.m3u and
> > stream the files. However, even in Epiphany, I cannot do it directly. If
> > I try directly it opens xmms and xmms complains that the file doesn't
> > exist.
>
>   I'd look to see if you're setting up the applications properly.  What
>  *should* happen is that your browser will download the .m3u file to
>  /tmp, or wherever, then pass that file as an argument to the MP3
>  player - which then starts requesting the individual files themselves.
>
>   I wonder if the associations are broken, or if theres' something
>  strange going on.  For example is the .m3u being deleted before the
>  application opens, or similar?

I don't really know how to do that, nor how to make the browser start
xmms without arguments (thanks for the suggestion Boris). Hell, I can't
even find where the mime-type command is set!

Gnome has become so "friendly" to the user that all underlying
configuration is just impossible to find...

However, I doubt that it's a browser configuration thing, since the
single song m3u files work properly...

> > The other strange thing is that files are sorted correctly in Epiphany,
> > but not in Firefox!
>
>   Different cookies, or themes?

Same theme, only sorted correctly in Epiphany and incorrectly in
Firefox...

By the way, thanks a lot for the attention and the effort. I really
appreciate it.

Yoav