Re: [Gnump3d-users] Handling the random selection options

From: Stan Mulder
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] Handling the random selection options
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 10:19:30 -0500

Steve Kemp wrote:

On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 12:18:36AM -0500, Stan Mulder wrote:
Here's my problem. When I select "Random Selection" or "Random Directory" I don't want files selected from the lectures directory or audiobooks directory. How can I achieve this?

 Right now?  You can't.
No. But I think I have a solution. Let's say you have this directory structure:

/mymedia
/mymedia/music
/mymedia/lectures
/mymedia/audiobooks

and in gnump3d.conf you have 'root=/mymedia'

Then you could have an option on each gnump3d generated page that draws random tracks from the *current* directory down, not just from the root directory. For example, if I've browsed to /mymedia/music and press the "Random Selection" option I would get random selections from /mymedia/music and nothing from /mymedia/lectures. Or if I'm in /mymedia and press the "Random Selection" option I could get anything. If I'm in /mymedia/audiobooks and press "Random Selection" I get only random selections from /mymedia/audiobooks and below. Hey, I like that idea!

BTW, I'm a new member to these lists. I need to change the To address to address@hidden , and not Steve's email address, right? I'm using Thunderbird.

Stan