Re: [Gnump3d-users] Handling the random selection options

From: Steve Kemp
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] Handling the random selection options
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 14:52:15 +0000

On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 09:25:22AM -0500, Stan Mulder wrote:
> A couple of things on the latest CVS.
>
> 1. There were artifacts I didn't recognize in the random.pm file. Three
> lines. They were:
>
> <<<<<<< random.pm
> =======
>
> The random functions wouldn't run unless I commented out these lines.

  That means that CVS has tried to merge your local copy with the new
 one and found conflicts - it's marked those between the <<<< === and
 >>> markers.

  Best thing to do?  Remove your local copy and run 'cvs update' again,
 that will give you a pristine copy.

> 2. The "Random Selection" seems to work fine for me. I tested with one
> directory, then two, then four. I used.
>
> plugin_random_exclude=(Midi|Talk|Video|Special);

  :)

> Would this exclusion eliminate matching song directories or even
> matching song titles? For example if I want to exclude /mp3/Special but
> not exclude /mp3/songs/band/Midnight Special/01 Track 01.mp3 would it work?

  It only deals with directory names.  Filenames are ignored completely.

> This variable needs to be added to the conf file.

  Yes.  I'll add a commented out one somewhere to show how it's used.

> 3. Hmmm. What about this variable, random_exclude_dirs? I see it
> underneath the new code. Is it working? As a matter of fact, the "Random
> Directory" option doesn't work for me at all. Firefox spins but returns
> nothing.

  Thats from the previous code I posted and will go away once you update
 from CVS.

Steve
---