[Gnump3d-users] Suggestion: use SSL/TLS for authentication

From: Jack Twilley
Subject: [Gnump3d-users] Suggestion: use SSL/TLS for authentication
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 14:26:32 -0700

Are the OpenSSL libraries sufficiently friendly to allow for GnuMP3D to only allow connections from those who have the proper certificate, or certificates which are signed by a proper certificate?

This seems to be a better solution than IP addresses or plaintext passwords IMHO, and also allows for logging if usernames and certificates are associated. I confess I am insufficiently experienced with certificates to tell whether or not this is as easy as it sounds, but I'm trying to do much the same thing for mail on my server which runs mail and GnuMP3D, and the light bulb went on.

Jack.